The North Carolina Restaurant and Lodging Association (NCRLA), the voice of North Carolina’s $23 billion restaurant, foodservice and lodging industry, hosted the 2018 Stars of the Industry Awards ceremony last night at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park.
Fifteen members of the hospitality community were recognized for their commitment to the industry. The award winners are selected based on their exemplary service, leadership, innovation and dedication in the restaurant, lodging and hospitality industries. Their commitment to the guest experience makes North Carolina a highlight for visitors from around the world and across the state.
“Our honorees are some of the most devoted and respected members of North Carolina’s restaurant and lodging industry,” said NCRLA President and CEO Lynn Minges. “Our annual Stars of the Industry Awards recognize industry members who consistently provide exemplary service, honoring their dedication and hard work that helps improve the North Carolina hospitality industry year after year.”
The 2018 NCRLA Stars of the Industry Award recipients include:
- North Carolina House of Representatives Hospitality Champion – Rep. David Lewis
- North Carolina Senate Hospitality Champion – Sen. Rick Gunn
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Presented to Denise Doyle honoring Barry Doyle, Barry’s Cafe (Raleigh, NC)
- Hospitality Supplier of the Year – Angie Packer, Tryon Distributing (Charlotte, NC)
- Restaurateur of the Year – Clark Barlowe, Heirloom Restaurant (Charlotte, NC)
- The Griff & June Glover Award for Distinguished Service – Scott Maitland, Top of the Hill Restaurant, Brewery & Distillery (Chapel Hill, NC)
- Ken Conrad Award for Service to the Community – Jason Smith, 18 Restaurant Group (Raleigh, NC)
- Lodging Employee of the Year – Patrick Hawthorne, The Umstead Hotel and Spa (Cary, NC)
- Lodging Manager of the Year – Kevin D’Amico, Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel (Raleigh, NC)
- Lodging Operator of the Year – John Beatty, The Dunhill Hotel (Charlotte, NC)
- Restaurant Employee of the Year – Myles Scaglione, Heirloom Restaurant (Charlotte, NC)
- Restaurant Manager of the Year – Robert Montanari, Taverna Agora Greek Kitchen & Bar (Raleigh, NC)
The top 2017 NCRLA NC Chef Showdown honorees were also recognized during Monday’s event:
- NCRLA Chef of the Year – Matthew Krenz, The Asbury at The Dunhill Hotel (Charlotte, NC)
- NCRLA Pastry Chef of the Year – Ann Marie Stefaney, Heirloom Restaurant (Charlotte, NC)
- NCRLA Mixologist of the Year – Amanda Britton, 204 North Kitchen & Cocktails (Charlotte, NC)
For more information about the NCRLA 2018 Stars of the Industry Awards, visit www.ncrla.org/stars. Additional photos are available upon request.