NCRLA Presents Annual “Stars of the Industry” Awards for Top N.C. Hospitality Professionals
Raleigh, N.C. (January 26, 2016) – The North Carolina Restaurant and Lodging Association (NCRLA), the voice of North Carolina’s $20.2 billion restaurant, foodservice and lodging industry, today announced the 2016 winners of its Stars of the Industry Awards during the annual Taste of North Carolina event at Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club in Durham on Jan. 25. The Stars of the Industry Award winners showcase commitment to valued guests and are selected based on their exemplary service, leadership, innovation and dedication in the restaurant, lodging and hospitality industries.
“NCRLA proudly honors our faithful members and their top-notch associates, who tirelessly serve North Carolina residents and visitors year in and year out,” said Lynn Minges, president and CEO, NCRLA.
“Our Stars of the Industry Award winners contribute tirelessly to the success and vibrant growth of the North Carolina hospitality industry, and we are excited to pay tribute to their dedication and hard work.”
The 2016 NCRLA Stars of the Industry Award recipients include:
• Hospitality Champion of the Year: Representative Jason Saine, NC District 97
• Lifetime Achievement Award: Ken Conrad, Owner, Libby Hill Seafood, Greensboro (Posthumous)
• Hospitality Supplier of the Year: Danny Dorsett, Alsco, Raleigh
• Restaurateur of the Year: Marty Kotis, President & CEO, Kotis Holdings, Greensboro
• Lodging Operator of the Year: Jeremy Miller, General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk, Outer Banks
• The Griff & June Glover Award for Distinguished Service: Ed Tubel, Owner, Sonny’s BBQ, Charlotte
• Lodging Employee of the Year (Manager): Michael Rayfield, The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge, Charlotte
• Lodging Employee of the Year (Front-Line): Albert Travis, Front Desk Supervisor, Pinehurst Resort, Pinehurst
• Restaurant Employee of the Year (Manager): William Castaneda, Operating Partner, Golden Corral, Raleigh
• Restaurant Employee of the Year (Front-Line): Mitzi Moreno, Bartender, Hilton Garden Inn Ayrsley, Charlotte