Preparing for a disaster involves understanding and being aware of hazards that exist and
developing plans of action to use before, during, and after an emergency. The resources below can help you better prepare for a variety of emergency situations or natural disasters.
- Environmental Health Emergency Preparedness and Recovery Guidance Manual – NC Public Health
- Water Advisory/Notice Example (New Hanover County)
- Occupational & Environmental Hazards: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- For reference when implementing a gas powered generator during a power outage
- Emergency Operation Checklist for Food Service Establishments
- NCRLA Hurricane Emergency Response Toolkit
- Always Ready: Natural Disasters – National Restaurant Association
- Always Ready: Fire – National Restaurant Association
- NCRLA Emergency Planning Webinar
- Carolyn Griffin (Food Safety & Lodging Regulations Specialist) provides informative tools and resources to establishing an emergency preparedness plan to have on file with your respective health department before a disaster strikes.