The North Carolina Restaurant & Lodging Association, creator and host of the NC Chef Showdown, proudly announces the six distilleries selected to represent local liquor production in North Carolina. Each distillery will select a mixologist to prepare cocktails and compete for NCRLA’s Mixologist of the Year award—new in 2017.
The six selected North Carolina distilleries are:
- TOPO Distillery, Chapel Hill, featuring its TOPO Organic Spirits
- Durham Distillery, Durham, featuring its Conniption American Dry Gin
- Covington Vodka Distillery, Snow Hill, featuring small batch sweet potato vodka
- Muddy River Distillery, Belmont, featuring its Queen Charlotte Rum
- Graybeard Distillery, Durham, featuring its Bedlam Vodka
- Southern Artisan Spirits, Kings Mountain, featuring its small-batch Cardinal Gin
“To keep things fresh, NCRLA has added the Mixologist of the Year award to NC Chef Showdown. Featuring liquor from the selected distilleries and ingredients from our great state, mixologists will concoct libations for attendees and judges to pair with samplings prepared by the 12 participating savory chefs and four competing pastry chefs,” said NCRLA President and CEO Lynn Minges.
Selected mixologists will be announced in the coming weeks.
The showdown–presented by Got to be NC and supported by Sysco, US Foods and the CurEat app—is Aug. 21, from 6 to 9 p.m., and coincides with the North Carolina Restaurant & Lodging Expo. For additional information or to purchase tickets to the 2017 NC Chef Showdown, visit www.ncchefshowdown.com.