It’s time again to celebrate the people who make our industry shine! The North Carolina Restaurant & Lodging Association’s 2019 Stars of the Industry Awards presented by Sysco/FreshPoint is an annual gala to recognize exemplary performance and service in hospitality across the state. This event draws 350+ hospitality professionals from around the state, as it is NCRLA’s signature event of the year. The awards presentation will be preceded by a fantastic dinner reception where guests will have the opportunity to sip & savor food and drink highlighting the latest culinary trends.
Join us for an incredible evening Feb. 18 at 5:30 pm at the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club!
If you need overnight accommodations, please see hotel group rates and room block information here.
The North Carolina hospitality industry is brimming with outstanding leaders who go above and beyond, raising the bar for excellence in performance, service, and commitment to the industry. These awards recognize members’ exemplary performance and qualities that set the high standards for the industry to achieve. The award winners are selected based on their exemplary service, leadership, innovation, and dedication in the restaurant, lodging and hospitality industries. Their commitment to the guest experience makes North Carolina a highlight for visitors from around the world and across the state.
2019 Stars of the Industry Awards Winners:
- Lodging Operator of the Year: Anthony Carey, The Siena Hotel
- Restaurateur of the Year: Lance Trenary, Golden Corral
- Ken Conrad Award for Service to the Community: Buddy Bengel, Bengel Hospitality
- Ken Conrad Award for Service to the Community: Dean Ogan, Rocky Top Catering
- Griff & June Glover Award for Distinguished Service: Mike Martino, Sheraton Imperial Hotel & Convention Center
- Lodging Manager of the Year: Robert Foster, Biltmore Farms Hotels
- Lodging Employee of the Year: Solida Richmond, Burke Manor Inn & Pavilion
- Restaurant Manager of the Year: Megan Bailey, Carolina Ale House – Wilmington
- Restaurant Manager of the Year: Vinnie Delillo, Mama Ricotta’s
- Restaurant Employee of the Year: Phillip Gomes, Winston’s Grille
- Hospitality Supplier of the Year: Scott Meltzer, Ecolab
- Hospitality Champion: Sen. Dan Blue
- Hospitality Champion: Rep. Chuck McGrady
We’ll also recognize the top winners of NCRLA’s 2018 Chef Showdown: NCRLA Chef of the Year, Travis Myers of Willow’s Bistro, NCRLA Pastry Chef of the Year, Miranda Brown of The Asbury, and NCRLA Mixologist of the Year, Joe Nicol, representing Fainting Goat Spirits.
Award category descriptions are as follows:
To review an event news release from 2018, click here.
Thank you to our sponsors:
Gold: US Foods
Silver: Ecolab • United Healthcare
Bronze: Alsco • Got to Be NC Agriculture • S&D Coffee & Tea
Supporting: Ambius • Carolina Brewery • Durham Distillery • Fainting Goat Spirits • Fullsteam Brewery • Gnam Gnam Gelato • NC F&B Podcast • ONEHOPE Wine • Pepsi Bottling Company • Pig Pounder Brewery • Shelton Vineyards • TOPO Distillery • Tryon Distributing