Congratulations to all of the 2019 Stars of the Industry award recipients. A huge thank you to all of our amazing sponsors; we could not have done it without your generosity and commitment to our industry.
2019 Stars of the Industry Awards Winners:
- Lodging Operator of the Year: Anthony Carey, The Siena Hotel
- Restaurateur of the Year: Lance Trenary, Golden Corral
- Ken Conrad Award for Service to the Community: Buddy Bengel, Bengel Hospitality
- Ken Conrad Award for Service to the Community: Dean Ogan, Rocky Top Catering
- Griff & June Glover Award for Distinguished Service: Mike Martino, Sheraton Imperial Hotel & Convention Center
- Lodging Manager of the Year: Robert Foster, Biltmore Farms Hotels
- Lodging Employee of the Year: Solida Richmond, Burke Manor Inn & Pavilion
- Restaurant Manager of the Year: Megan Bailey, Carolina Ale House – Wilmington
- Restaurant Manager of the Year: Vinnie Delillo, Mama Ricotta’s
- Restaurant Employee of the Year: Phillip Gomes, Winston’s Grille
- Hospitality Supplier of the Year: Scott Meltzer, Ecolab
- Hospitality Champion: Sen. Dan Blue
- Hospitality Champion: Rep. Chuck McGrady
We also recognized the top winners of NCRLA’s 2018 Chef Showdown: NCRLA Chef of the Year, Travis Myers of Willow’s Bistro, NCRLA Pastry Chef of the Year, Miranda Brown of The Asbury, and NCRLA Mixologist of the Year, Joe Nicol, representing Fainting Goat Spirits.
Award category descriptions are as follows:
To review an event news release from 2019, click here.
Thank you to our 2019 sponsors:
Gold: US Foods
Silver: Ecolab • United Healthcare
Bronze: Alsco • Got to Be NC Agriculture • S&D Coffee & Tea
Supporting: Ambius • Carolina Brewery • Durham Distillery • Fainting Goat Spirits • Fullsteam Brewery • Gnam Gnam Gelato • NC F&B Podcast • ONEHOPE Wine • Pepsi Bottling Company • Pig Pounder Brewery • Shelton Vineyards • TOPO Distillery • Tryon Distributing