There’s strength in numbers. When the North Carolina hospitality industry comes together, our collective voice becomes stronger and our impact far greater than any single business or operator could be alone. North Carolina restaurants, lodging establishments and suppliers comprise the membership of the North Carolina Restaurant & Lodging Association.
Below are highlights of the many benefits of membership in NCRLA:
The most valuable benefits you receive through The N.C. Restaurant & Lodging Association are intangible. But you can see below that there are also numerous opportunities to save and help your business grow through your membership in the association. And, NCRLA continues to find other ways to help your business grow stronger.
NCRLA is the leading advocate for the restaurant, foodservice and lodging industries in North Carolina.
We support our members’ interests through legislative representation with the goal of lobbying key decision makers so they understand the effects of legislation on your business.
We notify you of critical policy developments, and promoting pro-business candidates and legislation through grassroots issue advocacy campaigns and the NCRLA PAC.
This support also includes lobbying updates at the local, state, and federal levels; as well as research from our national partners - the National Restaurant Association and the American Hotel & Lodging Association.
Cost Saving Discounts
Members can enjoy cost savings, discounts, and exclusive offers. Examples include:
• Take advantage of significant refunds from class action settlements
• 5 percent discount on group healthcare and specialty benefit products
• 10-20 percent discount on ServSafe food safety, alcohol, and allergen training
• Up to 20 percent discount on music licensing fees
• Access to free local and regional hotel wage and benefits data
• Up to 50 percent discount on set-up fees and ongoing preferred member pricing for electronic alcohol purchasing
• 10 percent discount on e-mail and online marketing
• Benefit solutions for your business including group health plans, commercial property and casualty, and executive benefits
• Complimentary registration to the NC Restaurant & Lodging Expo
Educational and Networking Opportunities
NCRLA offers many unique opportunities for members to connect. Annual golf tournaments to benefit the N.C. Hospitality Education Foundation, Taste of NC and Stars of the Industry Awards Gala, Rally in Raleigh, Manteo to Murphy Restaurant PAC fundraiser, and other social events are held annually. The association also offers educational seminars, workshops and webinars on timely topics. Learn more about upcoming events and ServSafe classes throughout the year.
NCRLA serves as a resource to members on many issues impacting their businesses. Whether you need assistance in understanding and complying with health department, fire, or safety regulations, ABC rules and regulations, or legal issues impacting your business, we have experts available to assist you every step of the way. For assistance with health and safety issues contact Alyssa Barkley. For assistance with legal issues, contact Kim Siomkos.